Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An Easter Diva

As you can see, I have made good use of the Little Girls, Big Style book!  Really, I think that is how it has to be.  If I am going to spend the money for a book or patten or what-have-you, I intend to get my money's worth out of it!  And this book has really been fun.  This outfit is actually the first I made from the book, and includes the Flutter-Sleeved Peasant Top (page 81) and the Lace-Edged Gauchos (page 100).

This was our Easter Egg Hunt outfit for church.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric for the top.  I have purchased many yards and pull it out for all sorts of things.  It is an Alexander Henry Mocca in Chocolate, and the ruffle edge of the top is  Alexander Henry Bangle Dot in blue.  I also have this fabric in a pink variation.  Love it.  The pants are a turquoise with chocolate brown swiss dots, and the pocket is again from the Mocca fabric.  I used a chocolate rick-rack along the hem of the pants instead of lace (1) because I am not really a lace girl and (2) finding lace that isn't white or ecru is hard to do!!

The Clever Girl added the jewelry and diva sunglasses.  The girl has style!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that is so cute! If you are taking orders, I'll put one in for my sweet girl!! Andrea C. (bookclub)

    ReplyDelete

Due to some bizarre spam comments I have recently received, I am moderating the comments for a while. I hope this spam craziness stops so this becomes unnecessary!