Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vacation

We left for vacation early this morning, and will be gone for about 2 1/2 weeks.  I have many posts scheduled to appear in my absence and will be working on some new projects while I am gone.  While I intend to check my blog with some regularity, I may not respond to a comment as quickly as usual.  Both my in-laws and my parents are celebrating their 50th anniversaries this summer and we are going to visit each family to celebrate!  What a blessing!  It will be a fantastic (and probable somewhat exhausting) trip!  We are headed to upstate New York and St. Louis. 

There will be some baking adventures while I am gone, as the Tuesdays with Dorie challenges are already scheduled.  In addition, I am baking a tiered wedding-style cake for my parent's celebration.  I have never attempted something like this before so wish me luck!  I'm excited for the challenge.

I have started a new knitting project for the trip as well.  I just can't travel without a knitting project!  So, there is a new project on the needles just waiting to be created!

There will be lots to discuss when I return.  Farewell for now!  Have a good couple of weeks!

-one clever mom

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great trip. I am sure the wedding cake will be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

Due to some bizarre spam comments I have recently received, I am moderating the comments for a while. I hope this spam craziness stops so this becomes unnecessary!